VCU is proud to be an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). Due to our institutional membership, you receive a long list of benefits and resources such as live webinars, archived webinars and courses, writing challenges, and more.
Some of the main topics covered in NCFDD programs address how to:
- Plan for the semester
- Develop a daily writing practice
- Overcome academic perfectionism
- Move from resistance to writing
- Align your time with priorities
- Master academic time management
- Cultivate a network of mentors
- Say “no”
- Engage in healthy conflict
- Manage stress and rejection
Check out the NCFDD mentor map to get some clarity on your broader support network of mentors (peers, coaches, family members, academic friends). Take note of whether you may be over-relying on one or two people to meet all of your mentor needs. This map also helps to highlight where we have the biggest gaps in our career networks. What gaps do you see and how can you take steps to begin to fill those gaps?
Activate your membership
Set up your NCFDD account today.